Throughout history, there have been many unique and useful cleaning inventions. From sweeping to vacuuming, and now high tech gadgets, technology is always improving how we clean our homes and offices. Because of the increased health risks associated with poor quality indoor air, there has been a need for further technological cleaning advancements. For instance, if you are constantly coughing and sneezing in your home or your office, the chances are likely that you have poor indoor air. One cause of indoor air pollution is dirty ducts. Air ducts are found in almost every building and many homes. There are now numerous duct cleaning services available. In recent years, there have been many technological advancement in cleaning devices. One method of duct cleaning that is helping the industry is robotic duct cleaning.
In the 1980’s, duct cleaners started using robotic cameras to go inside ducts and videotape dirty ducts to show their clients why the ducts needed to be cleaned. In recent years, robotic systems have been developed not only to videotape the inside of ducts, but also to actually clean them. Many duct cleaning companies are now using these little robots in their business.
There are a number of advantages to using robotic duct cleaners. They can get into every crack and corner to effectively remove all of the dirt and debris particles. furnace repair red deer It is less labour intensive because service technicians do not have to be constantly shifting and maneuvering equipment to reach every space. As well, less time cleaning means much less expense for the customer.
The robotic units clean using fast rotating contact brushes that have the ability to brush any duct structure or size while vacuuming the debris. Motorized brushes are attached to the robot and clean the ducts as it makes it way through the system. An attached camera or cameras allow the operator to view the cleaning process. Every side of the air ducts are cleaned. It normally takes one cleaning session to completely clean the entire system.
The advantages of robotic duct cleaning include:
– The use of robotic duct cleaning devices allows technicians to inspect the ducts before, during, and after the cleaning process. They are mounted with bright lighting so every corner and crevice gets a thorough inspection. As well, current duct conditions are recorded so technicians can implement an effective cleaning plan to eliminate all debris and microorganisms such as bacteria. They ensure that air pollutants are effectively removed the growth environment in the duct system.
– Greater contact, access, and maneuverability make the cleaning more thorough while providing proof that the ducts were effectively cleaned. Customers will marvel at the before and after cleaning images.
– Labour costs and time are reduced thereby reducing a customer’s cleaning bill. Companies will have more time so they can book more cleaning jobs.
– Robotic cleaning is a higher quality than traditional manual cleaning.
– Material that may be a health risk can be safely removed from the ducts. This can include bacteria and viruses.
Once considered science fiction, the use of robotics is now impacting our daily lives. These advanced technological devices are helping to make our indoor air much cleaner thereby helping to improve our overall health and well being.